Your Leeds Pride Questions answered
How much does it cost to visit Leeds Pride?
Leeds Pride is a free event, whilst no entry fee is charged donations are welcomed.
Where does the Parade set off from and go to?
The Leeds Pride Parade leaves from outside Millennium Square at approx 2pm and arrives at the Lower Briggate at approx 3pm.
Can I bring my own Food & Drink to Leeds Pride?
- You can take personal supplies of food and soft drinks into the event, i.e. packed lunch and soft drinks in 'sealed containers' with unbroken manufacturers seals.
- There will be bag searches at all entrances, We reserve the right to confiscate any containers we consider to contain alcohol or drugs.
- No glass can be taken into the event.
Can I bring my dog?
Sorry only assistant animals e.g. Guide Dogs are allowed on site
Sainsbury's Parade Stage at Millennium Square
To allow as many people as possible to access the show on the Parade Stage a number of accessible viewing arrangements will be in place.
- BSL interpreter on the Parade stage
- A designated AVA (accessible viewing area) will be provided at an accessible location on Millennium Square. This will provide:
- A raised viewing platform
- Clear views of the stage
- Next to the AVA, a portable High Dependency Unit / Changing Places toilet will be provided. This unit includes a tacking hoist (please contact the council’s event team for more information on hoist type if required as slings will not be provided), height adjustable changing bench, peninsular layout toilet and a height adjustable wash basin. This will be accessible by a RADAR lock (a RADAR key will be available on site if you do not have one).
- A portable disabled person’s toilet will be provided adjacent to the AVA at the rear of the Square. Two disabled person’s toilets with a choice of right and left handed transfer are also available within the permanent toilet facilities of the venue. Both are accessed by RADAR locks and via a ramped approach.
Please contact Leeds City Council’s events team if you have any queries regarding accessible viewing/ provision in Millennium Square, or need to discuss your access requirements further.