Top Tips for a great Leeds Pride
Plan for accessibility
Leeds Pride is for everyone. If you have any concerns about how to access the Parade or our events spaces, whether that’s for you or someone you know, head over to the accessibility section of our website.
Getting to Leeds Pride
Leeds has great transport links making it easy to get into the city centre.
For travel information please visit Transport for West Yorkshire website here https://www.wymetro.com/
Think about the environment
Please help us to reduce the amount of rubbish and waste that is left after everyone goes home – there is a lot!
Please bring along your own water bottles. These can be filled up at the Yorkshire Water Bar near the market stalls in the Lower Briggate event space.
Take home any flags, costumes, freebies or leaflets you may have picked up on the day.
Over a 55,000 people joined us last year and this year will be just a big and wonderful but we want to make sure that everyone has a safe day.
Leeds Pride Pride will not tolerate any threatening, violent or offensive behavior against its volunteers, staff, parade participants, police, security personnel or members of the public. Anyone that is aggressive, incapacitated, threatening or a threat to their own health will not be permitted to take part in the event. Anyone found to be taking part in illegal activity will be reported to the police.
If you’re planning on drinking alcohol, eat first and pace yourself – it’s a long day! The NHS One You – Drink Less app is perfect for keeping track of how much you’re drinking and spending.
The sun always shines on Leeds Pride, so make sure you have enough sun screen with you and as guidance, ‘swimsuit coverage’ is the minimum requirement.There are clear legal guidelines around public nudity, taking part in sexual acts in public, and flashing, which everyone is expected to abide by.
Please be aware that access to the Lower Briggate event space will be controlled by security check points and we will be operating full searches including bag checks and random searches will be in place so please only bring with you what you really need. This will really help us to carry out searches and bag checks quickly. You may have to queue to get into the Lower Briggate event space, especially after the parade but please be patient you will get in!
Please be aware that:
· No alcohol is allowed into either of the event spaces.
· At our Lower Briggate event space, water and soft drinks in sealed plastic bottles, drinks for babies and young children, personal water bottles if they are empty (you can fill up at the Yorkshire Water Bar by the Market Stalls) and small amounts of food only will be allowed.
· Dogs on leads are welcome but please be responsible for your pets!
· If you're feeling unwell or hurt yourself, speak to the nearest steward or member of the security team.
· If your child gets lost, please contact the nearest steward or member of the security team.